The worst thing about multiplayer gaming is finding the right headphones to use. Many of the headsets are super expensive, which most people do not wish to spend that much for. Some decide to go the other way, buy something cheap because they do not know how much they are going to play. They become hot and uncomfortable, which leads you to hate wearing them. Razer has a new headset that will make it worth the cash.
On Wednesday, Razer announced their new Thresher Ultimate headsets. These headsets are not cheap but with some of the bells and whistles could be worth the $249.99 they are requesting for these headsets. These are designed for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles and will drop next month.
The headphones will feature 50 mm drivers, leatherette-wrapped memory foam ear cups and use 2.4 Ghz wireless for a 40-foot range. The ear cups are also cooling-gel infused so it will reduce the amount of ear heat that is common in many headsets. The claim 16-hour battery life but it is not specified if that is gameplay or standby, in either case, that is not bad. Especially since it requires a 4-hour charging time. Look over the specs below and let us know what you think.
- 50 mm Driver
- 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound
- 2.4 Ghz Wireless Lag-free wireless
- On-Headset Controls
- Noise-isolating Leatherette Ear Cushions
- Foam indentations for temple relief
- Retractable boom mic stows completely in ear cup
- Comes with headset stand & audio hub base station
- Dimensions of headset: 196mm(W) * 214mm(H) * 104.8mm(D)
- Approximate weight of headset: 408g / 0.89lbs
- Frequency Response: 12 – 28,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32O at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz, 1 V/Pa): 105 dB +/- 2 dB
- Drivers: 50 mm, with neodymium magnets
- Estimated Battery Life: 16 hours
- Charging Time: 4 Hours
- Microphone Frequency Response: 100 – 10,000 Hz
- Sensitivity (@1kHz, 1V/Pa): -42 ± 2dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >55 dB