It looks as though the current iteration of DC’s Suicide Squad will be going on one last mission together, as the fan favorite team’s current book will be coming to an end with a special extra-sized anniversary issue in January.
One of the inaugural titles in DC’s Rebirth initiative, the current Suicide Squad series has been written by writer Rob Williams, and featured a line-up based on 2016’s film. As with previous incarnations of the group, the series featured a group of incarcerated villains and anti-heroes performing black ops missions for the U.S. government in exchange for pardons for their crimes, under the leadership of Rick Flag, and the watchful eye of the morally ambiguous Amanda Waller.
Of course, the end of this series won’t mean the permanent end of the Squad. As the team is getting another shot at the big screen in the near future, the end of the current series likely means that DC is simply getting ready to relaunch the series.
Suicide Squad # 50 is set for release on January 16, 2019. Check for the full solicitation below.
SUICIDE SQUAD #50
- written by ROB WILLIAMS
- art by DIOGENES NEVES and SCOTT HANNA
- cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
- variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
- The infection in Temho Me4ta prison spreads, and cannot be allowed to reach the surface. The Suicide Squad is all that stands in the way of a global pandemic. It’s line-in-the-sand time: Will the Squad be forced to live up to its name? Don’t miss this extra-sized anniversary issue!
- ON SALE 01.16.19
- $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
- FC | RATED T+
- FINAL ISSUE
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.