As you try and recover from that massive hangover or simply dreading going back to work tomorrow, The Lazy Geeks are dropping our last of the Rewind episode. This week’s rewind is the first new episode of 2011. We have just come back from the holiday break and are back in full force.
As you try and recover from that massive hangover or simply dreading going back to work tomorrow, we are dropping our last of the Rewind episode. This week’s rewind is the first new episode of 2011. We have just come back from the holiday break and are back in full force.
This was back in the day when Tiger Woods was dropped from his own video game, Nintendo warns kids under 6 to not play their games, and Alabama will remove the “n” word from all editions of Mark Twain books. Not only that, we discuss a bit of CES for that year.
There is some great stuff in this episode and check it out.
Here are the links for this week:
Why is this news?
- Brett Farve And The Ladies http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/05/sports/football/05nfl.html
- Stan Lee Gets Star On Walk of Fame http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113131-stan-lee-gets-his-star-on-the-walk-of-fame-today
The Rundown (Rate the high stories of the weeks with a WIN or FAIL)
This week’s Wins:
- Nomad: Nintendo Warning Kids 6 and Younger Not To Play Their Device. http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/gaming.gadgets/12/30/nintendo.3ds.kids/index.html
- EA Drops Tiger Woods Franchise
This week’s Fails:
- Nomad: Alabama publisher will remove “n” word from classic Mark Twain novels. http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/jan/05/huckleberry-finn-edition-censors-n-word
2.Ted Turner says he’s “on the edge of poverty”
(Break) – Piers Morgan Promo
Main Topics – (One for each, may vary depending on additional material)
- California Courts Says Cops Can Search Your Phone Without A Warrant. http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/01/05/search.warrant.phone.gahran/
- CES 2011. Three interested and Three whatever
Reviews: (Previously recorded segments 2 to 3 minutes in length)
- Nomad’s Review of Family Guys Presents It’s A Trap
- Sapien’s Review of Lord of the Rings Online Free-To-Play
(Break) – Jack Jackson’s New Year Speech
- Justin Beiber – Says he’s nuts and good-looking. http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/04/justin-bieber-im-not-normal/
- But Officer, I Stole More http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/01/03/No-officer-I-stole-more-than-that/UPI-38631294071845/
- Sh*t Crooks Say http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/brought-36134-mistake-expletive.html
- Facebook Related Violence. http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/04/5764769-fight-over-facebook-results-in-stabbing
- They Always Come Back. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40866907/ns/local_news-washington_dc/
- Real Life Frogger. http://www.gamespy.com/articles/114/1142164p1.html
Epic Person of the week
Nomad’s Epic Person: Ted Williams. Homeless man with radio voice gets a new lease on life. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fg%2Fa%2F2011%2F01%2F05%2Ffanhousetedwilliamshomelessi.DTL
Sapien’s Epic Person: Hockey player splits puck in two. http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Watch-hockey-puck-split-in-half-on-shot-o?urn=nhl-303913
“There It Is”, “NewsSting”, “Rocket” – Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License