Spider-Man/Deadpool #50 marks the end of the pairing. Two years and 50 issues is coming to an end this May.
This past week, Marvel Comics released its advance solicitation information revealing titles being published in May. Among the comics included was Spider-Man and Deadpool #50 team-up series teasing an epic climax to the title. Cover artist Dave Johnson confirmed through his Twitter account that the series would indeed be ending with the issue. Johnson’s post and cover along with the advance solicit info from Marvel is below:
My last Spider-Man/Deadpool cover because the book is ending. Seemed fitting. pic.twitter.com/qaoUVmVgAT
— Rev. Dave Johnson, I care a lot. (@Devilpig666) February 23, 2019
- ROBBIE THOMPSON (W)
- JIM TOWE & MATT HORAK (A)
- Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
- THE BIGGEST CLIMAX OF THE BIGGEST MARVEL EVENT OF ALL TIME!
- • An epic 50th issue — guaranteed to blow your socks off! READ WITH EXTRA SOCKS!
- • Spider-Man and Deadpool fight the Manipulator for the fate of the entire Marvel Universe!
- • I HOPE THEY PULL IT OFF! I REALLY LIKE THIS UNIVERSE! I’M SO WORRIED!
- 40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
First launched in January 2016 by Joe Kelly and Ed McGuinness, the comedic series had the two characters team up for various hijinks with Wade Wilson continually getting on Spidey’s nerves as the two navigated the Marvel Universe in a variety of escalating adventures.
Spider-Man/Deadpool #50 is written by Robbie Thompson and illustrated by Jim Towe and Matt Horak. It is scheduled to go on sale this May from Marvel Comics.